This music meme went around in my former blog home and I always thought it was fun to hit shuffle on the iPod and see what turns up. Plus, I hope my fellow bloggers lift this to do because I like getting a peek into your crazy musical worlds.
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your music library.
2. Put it on shuffle. (use everything whether you like it or not)
3. Press play. (no skipping songs)
4. For every item, type the song and band that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question press the next button.
Of course, there's not supposed to be any cheating - it is kind of funny how some songs end up matching so well and some... not so much. And away we go...
Opening Credits: The Bad Touch - The Bloodhound Gang
Oh, they make me laugh...
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your music library.
2. Put it on shuffle. (use everything whether you like it or not)
3. Press play. (no skipping songs)
4. For every item, type the song and band that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question press the next button.
Of course, there's not supposed to be any cheating - it is kind of funny how some songs end up matching so well and some... not so much. And away we go...
Opening Credits: The Bad Touch - The Bloodhound Gang
Oh, they make me laugh...
Waking Up: Devil Don't Remember My Name - Star Anna
Hmmm, I could think of much better wake up songs, but whatevs.
Hmmm, I could think of much better wake up songs, but whatevs.
Average Day: Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants
Oh, I wish my average day could be this damn peppy!
Oh, I wish my average day could be this damn peppy!
First Date: Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Rae
I love her. Ignore the John Mayer portion of the video... such a douchenozzle.
I love her. Ignore the John Mayer portion of the video... such a douchenozzle.
Love Scene: Hey There Fancypants - Ween
It's a bouncy little number... that's love, right?
It's a bouncy little number... that's love, right?
Fight Scene: Lapdance - N.E.R.D.
A lapdance fight? Is that like a dance off? I think I need to practice...
A lapdance fight? Is that like a dance off? I think I need to practice...
Breaking Up: The Space Between - Dave Matthews Band
This is not too bad for this one... except it is the kind of breakup where one person doesn't really want to break up. Which is a really sucky breakup.
This is not too bad for this one... except it is the kind of breakup where one person doesn't really want to break up. Which is a really sucky breakup.
Making Up: Cherry Chapstick - Yo La Tengo
"There's a girl with cherry chapstick on and nothing more"... I can see how that might lead to some serious making up.
"There's a girl with cherry chapstick on and nothing more"... I can see how that might lead to some serious making up.
Secret Love: Wish The Worst - Old 97's
I don't think it'll remain a secret if I break into your house, drink all your booze and wait for you in bed...
I don't think it'll remain a secret if I break into your house, drink all your booze and wait for you in bed...
Life's Okay: The Summer of Discontent - Cowboy Junkies
Not a great choice - damn your shuffle Apple!
Not a great choice - damn your shuffle Apple!
Mental Breakdown: Honeychain - Throwing Muses
*sigh* I miss the 90's.
*sigh* I miss the 90's.
Driving: Catch Hell Blues - The White Stripes
This song and Kylie (see below) totally should change spots.
This song and Kylie (see below) totally should change spots.
Deep Thought: Be My Yoko Ono - Barenaked Ladies
lol - I'm not a real deep thinkin' kind of girl, so maybe it is appropriate that BNL would be my deep thoughts band. Kinda sad...
lol - I'm not a real deep thinkin' kind of girl, so maybe it is appropriate that BNL would be my deep thoughts band. Kinda sad...
Happy Dance: Divorce Song - Liz Phair
Aww, I like this song, but I wouldn't be happy dancing if I was getting a divorce for reals.
Aww, I like this song, but I wouldn't be happy dancing if I was getting a divorce for reals.
Regretting: How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
This song should be my partying songs... I can't even begin to count the times I heard this sound in some sort of intoxicated state. Ahhh memories... or the lack thereof.
This song should be my partying songs... I can't even begin to count the times I heard this sound in some sort of intoxicated state. Ahhh memories... or the lack thereof.
Long Night Alone: Don't Tell Me - Madonna
One of my all time favorite Madonna songs. I could practice that cowboy dancing that she does in the video on my long night alone.
One of my all time favorite Madonna songs. I could practice that cowboy dancing that she does in the video on my long night alone.
Final Battle: Mahna Mahna - Cake
I like the idea that my final battle would have such touch of whimsy...
I like the idea that my final battle would have such touch of whimsy...
Death Scene: Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue
I guess I'm going to die in a disco surrounded by gay men. Not a bad way to go!
Closing Credits: Aww S**t - Kelis
I love Kelis, so I'm totally cool with this song being my closing credits - and I can make a whole song talk shit, too. Just sayin'.
I guess I'm going to die in a disco surrounded by gay men. Not a bad way to go!
Closing Credits: Aww S**t - Kelis
I love Kelis, so I'm totally cool with this song being my closing credits - and I can make a whole song talk shit, too. Just sayin'.

Cheeky, we are musical soul mates. I love you. Will you marry me?
ReplyDeleteAll right! Lapdance fight! I volunteer to judge! I swear to be only a little biased.
ReplyDeleteAnd why you gotta hate on yourself. You're plenty deep! I can get my whole index fingerrrrr wait that's not what you meant huh? Well you're the other deep too sexy. Deal.