Friday, November 27, 2009

The Age of Aquarium...

We spent the afternoon walking around the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. More specifically, we went down to wander around the National Aquarium (see above). I love aquariums and this one was even more fun because I got to explore it with my 4 year old niece who was enchanted with everything she saw.

The only slight bummer was an incident with my younger sister - she freaked out when she realized that we had to use an escalator to move from level to level. But before things got too crazy, my normally borderline jerk of a brother in law surprised us all by calming her down and finding a handicap accessible elevator for her to use instead. My stressed out mom calmed down, my sister calmed down and my BIL scored some brownie points.

We capped off our day trip to Baltimore by stopping to have the best crab cakes that I've ever eaten and a few beers. I love being a tourist!

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice when jerks surprise you by being decent. Go BIL! And in her defense, I still get kinda wierded out by escalators. Of course, I don't care for elevators much either. Good old fashioned stairs work for me.

    Quote the Hair theme you got going this week :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crab cakes in Baltimore are a real delight. When I was a kid, we spent summer vacations on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake. Crab-fests were alwasy fun.

    ReplyDelete