About 10 days ago, Mr. Cheeks gimped/limped/dragged his injured self home after a two-handed touch football grudge match called The Festivus Bowl that he played in with his co-workers.
"I'm just too powerful off the line, babe," he explained, as he was telling me what happened. *copious eye rolling from me*
A few days later, the doctor took one look/feel of Mr. Cheeks' lower leg and scheduled him for a MRI to confirm and surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon. The MRI was last night (confirmed - one tore up from the floor up tendon) and surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. From what I've been reading, the road to recovery from this type of an injury is long and hard. *gets sidetracked by happy thoughts those words usually bring to mind*
Tonight we went out for our one-day-early fancy New Year's Eve dinner. Maytag steak and a beer for him, potato-encrusted halibut and a couple of delightful pinot grigios for me. And now, I'm off to find him for a little pre-surgical lovin'. I think I'm gonna have to get used to the cowgirl position for the next several weeks... months?
Since I'll be getting none of that *points up to the Achilles boning picture* anytime soon, creative, non-weight-bearing-for-him sexual position suggestions would be appreciated.
"I'm just too powerful off the line, babe," he explained, as he was telling me what happened. *copious eye rolling from me*
A few days later, the doctor took one look/feel of Mr. Cheeks' lower leg and scheduled him for a MRI to confirm and surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon. The MRI was last night (confirmed - one tore up from the floor up tendon) and surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. From what I've been reading, the road to recovery from this type of an injury is long and hard. *gets sidetracked by happy thoughts those words usually bring to mind*
Tonight we went out for our one-day-early fancy New Year's Eve dinner. Maytag steak and a beer for him, potato-encrusted halibut and a couple of delightful pinot grigios for me. And now, I'm off to find him for a little pre-surgical lovin'. I think I'm gonna have to get used to the cowgirl position for the next several weeks... months?
Since I'll be getting none of that *points up to the Achilles boning picture* anytime soon, creative, non-weight-bearing-for-him sexual position suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your immediate attention to this matter.
Cheeks

Ouch!
ReplyDeleteI hope his surgery goes well and he has a quick and easy recovery!
owie! poor thing : (
ReplyDeleteFrom someone else I might suspect the football story was a cover for an injury that occurred during shower sex or something, but I think you'd be crowing about the crazy sex injury, so I'll accept it at face value.
ReplyDeleteI think you need to wear a candy-striper hat, short skirt and no panties for as long as you're home with him. Sure cowgirl may get a bit old but as they say the WORST sex is better than the BEST non-sex. Or maybe I just say that?
My fingers, mouth, brain, toes, eyelashes, elbows, etc. Are always at your disposal. Just saying.
Take care. Make sure he heals well. Cause knowing you, if he doesn't, the NEXT injury will be in the shower ;-)
my GAAAWWWDDDD does the lion EVER shut up?!?!
ReplyDeletejust kiddin' lion! you know i love to hear you talk, watch, read, whatever..
i'm SURE you'll take good care of him, cheeks.
happy 2010!
I suspect that your hubby will have a very good nurse helping him with his recovery! ;-)
ReplyDeleteHope it all goes well for him!
~Emmy
Love the new profile pic =)
ReplyDeleteHow about trying the gagging kitty cat position. What, never heard of it?
Me neither. Make it up!
nothing like baroquian sex...hahaha!
ReplyDelete