Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'Tis The Season Tunesday...

I love me some Christmastime and I'm so happy that it is December and I can officially be geeked about the holiday being upon us. So, of course, I love, love, love Christmas music. My "Christmastime, Bitches!" playlist on my iPod has over 300 songs. Oh yeah, we could listen for over 18 hours straight and never hear the same song twice. I know, right?!? *gets happy shivers*

I do love the traditional Christmas songs and, as Lion pointed out, there is a LOT of crappy Christmas music out there. (John Mayer - are you listening? Good - SHUT UP!) So over these next few weeks, I'll post Christmas songs here and there.

This week we're starting with a non-traditional favorite of mine. I'm not a big fan of most of Mariah Carey's music but there's two things about this song... 1. Miss Mariah can s-i-n-g this song and 2. it gives me happy feet. I love to belt this one out in the car and when decorating our trees - yes, plural. That's a whole other blog topic. =)

So please enjoy... All I Want for Christmas Is You ~ Mariah Carey


4 comments:

  1. plus all the wicked awesome holiday programs, the Grinch, Rudolph, Heat Meiser :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a damn sexy song. Back when Mariah was cute, not trampy. I like my women demure:-p

    Merry Christmastime! I look forward to hearing what else makes you jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favs too!!! It always has made me smile... and probably always will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I am also not a Mariah fan (she needs some lyrics with that warbling!) but that song is a great Christmas song deserving of classic status. I too have it on my Christmas iPod list along with her version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I'm also partial to a bit of old school Christmas stuff like Andy Williams and Bing Crosby as well as some glam rock seventies UK cheese like Slade and Wizard. And Feliz Navidad. Come Christmas time you're allowed full reign of all genres. :)

    ReplyDelete