
I have been, admittedly, blog challenged since the end of that 30 day challenge. So while cruising around blogland today, I saw this on Sex With The Wife's page - booyah!
25 Questions for Christmas
(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
"Elf" - I know it has been played to death this year, but it still makes my dark heart happy to see Will Ferrell dressed as Buddy the Elf. And I giggle like a mofo at the "He's an angry elf" scene.
(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
"Fred Claus" - It pains me because I love me some big, puffy Vince Vaughn, but this was a truly awful movie.
(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Silent Night" - it makes me cry probably 60% of the times I hear it. When I hear it at Christmas Eve candlelight service - 100%. Snotty, bawling crying... yeah, it's like that.
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" - stupid 80's.
(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)
We always have yummy jello shots on Christmas Eve. Cherry jello w/Hot Damn, lime jello w/tequila, orange jello w/Captain Morgans - all are family favorites.
(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Waking up early on Christmas morning and knowing that it was too early, but sitting at the top of the stairs with my sisters, my older sister craning her neck to get a look at our stockings, waiting for the okay to go downstairs.
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
Atari - no question. We played "Frogger" for hours and hours and hours and hours that winter.
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
I want to start by saying that I love my sister very much. But one year she got me a book called "10 Stupid Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives". Yeah - Merry Fucking Christmas.
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
I truly love spending time with my family. We get together with my aunts, uncles and cousins on Christmas Eve every year and it is one of my favorite evenings of the entire year. We laugh, drink, play cards, eat, laugh more, open dumb secret Santa presents and just hang together. And what I like best is that even as we all get older and start families of our own, everyone still makes attending our Christmas Eve gathering as a priority.
(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
People who grouch about the holidays. I understand that the holidays aren't everyone's cup of tea. But for the sake of those of us who actually like Christmas, stfu. *sweet smile*
(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
I don't necessarily have a preference, but we have a star on each of our trees.
(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
This is going to sound really sad, but my favorite thing is Chex Party Mix. My mom does something to hers that makes it better than any other I've ever had. Deeeeeeelicious.
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
I'm definitely a Who.
(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
I love Christmas lights. We keep it fairly low key - no flashing Las Vegas-esque display at the Cheeks household. We have a single electric candle in each window and pine garland with red velvet bows under the window sashes in the front windows.
(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
A little creepy, but in a fun way!
(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
Yep.
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
Spending time with people who are important to you.
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
When people feel pressured to do too much - just give and do what you want.
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
Okay - we have 3 trees. The big one is real - it goes in the front window and we usually go get it and put it up the first weekend in December. The tree on the back porch goes up whenever I feel like it and the same goes for the small tree in the office. Mr. Cheeks tolerates my love of Christmas very well. He thinks I'm a little crazy, but deep down he likes it. They all come down by the end of January. The Super Bowl is our agreed upon deadline.
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you?
My turtle dove.
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
I'm not going to even answer this question. Blech.
(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
Blitzen.
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
It's when you stop believing that he ceases to be. I believe.
(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
The fresh, clean scent when I come down the stairs the day after we get the tree.
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
To find out that we'll have a baby by this time next year.
25 Questions for Christmas
(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
"Elf" - I know it has been played to death this year, but it still makes my dark heart happy to see Will Ferrell dressed as Buddy the Elf. And I giggle like a mofo at the "He's an angry elf" scene.
(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
"Fred Claus" - It pains me because I love me some big, puffy Vince Vaughn, but this was a truly awful movie.
(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Silent Night" - it makes me cry probably 60% of the times I hear it. When I hear it at Christmas Eve candlelight service - 100%. Snotty, bawling crying... yeah, it's like that.
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" - stupid 80's.
(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)
We always have yummy jello shots on Christmas Eve. Cherry jello w/Hot Damn, lime jello w/tequila, orange jello w/Captain Morgans - all are family favorites.
(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Waking up early on Christmas morning and knowing that it was too early, but sitting at the top of the stairs with my sisters, my older sister craning her neck to get a look at our stockings, waiting for the okay to go downstairs.
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
Atari - no question. We played "Frogger" for hours and hours and hours and hours that winter.
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
I want to start by saying that I love my sister very much. But one year she got me a book called "10 Stupid Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives". Yeah - Merry Fucking Christmas.
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
I truly love spending time with my family. We get together with my aunts, uncles and cousins on Christmas Eve every year and it is one of my favorite evenings of the entire year. We laugh, drink, play cards, eat, laugh more, open dumb secret Santa presents and just hang together. And what I like best is that even as we all get older and start families of our own, everyone still makes attending our Christmas Eve gathering as a priority.
(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
People who grouch about the holidays. I understand that the holidays aren't everyone's cup of tea. But for the sake of those of us who actually like Christmas, stfu. *sweet smile*
(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
I don't necessarily have a preference, but we have a star on each of our trees.
(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
This is going to sound really sad, but my favorite thing is Chex Party Mix. My mom does something to hers that makes it better than any other I've ever had. Deeeeeeelicious.
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
I'm definitely a Who.
(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
I love Christmas lights. We keep it fairly low key - no flashing Las Vegas-esque display at the Cheeks household. We have a single electric candle in each window and pine garland with red velvet bows under the window sashes in the front windows.
(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
A little creepy, but in a fun way!
(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
Yep.
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
Spending time with people who are important to you.
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
When people feel pressured to do too much - just give and do what you want.
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
Okay - we have 3 trees. The big one is real - it goes in the front window and we usually go get it and put it up the first weekend in December. The tree on the back porch goes up whenever I feel like it and the same goes for the small tree in the office. Mr. Cheeks tolerates my love of Christmas very well. He thinks I'm a little crazy, but deep down he likes it. They all come down by the end of January. The Super Bowl is our agreed upon deadline.
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you?
My turtle dove.
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
I'm not going to even answer this question. Blech.
(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
Blitzen.
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
It's when you stop believing that he ceases to be. I believe.
(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
The fresh, clean scent when I come down the stairs the day after we get the tree.
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
To find out that we'll have a baby by this time next year.

I am TERRIBLE at sending cards. I mean the fact I even managed an ecard is, in itself, a miraculous event. If I actually had to go mail it there's just no way.
ReplyDeleteBut I do enjoy Christmas a lot. Not the crappy crowds out shopping or that sort of thing, but the whole nice vibes that are around and the seeing family and just relaxing are great fun.
My favourite Christmas movie is "Diehard". It takes place at Christmas, therefore, it counts. When I was a kid it couldn't be Christmas without "The Wizard of Oz" in the afternoon, therefore that is also a favourite Christmas movie of mine.
Gosh what an interesting comment, I do apologize.
I love Elf and that is my favorite line too. Regardless of how many times I see the movie, I still laugh at it.
ReplyDeleteAnd I do think the worst gifts are those "self-help"-ish things.
~Emmy
Frogger!!!
ReplyDeletei LOVE Elf. maybe if i watch it over and over and over i'll feel better..
ReplyDeletedon't go read my crapola, cuz yeah, i'm one of *those*.. ;-)
~xo
Your Christmas Spirit is so hawt, makes the egg bog rise in my Yule log, know what i'm saying.
ReplyDeleteThe 'Hi, my name's Buddy, what's your favorite color?' line always makes me giggle like a maniac. I love me some Bad Santa and yes, it's a Wonderful Life.
Christmas Shoes. Not only the worst Christmas song, but quite possibly the worst thing ever written since humanity learned to paint on walls.
#18 I agree 100% percent. And #25 is too sweet! i hope for you too =)
ReplyDeleteBTW, according to your "about me" in you profile, I believe I will enjoy your blog very much =)