This may come as a shock (and by shock I mean no shock at all), but I'm not a super mushy kinda girl. Don't get me wrong - I have been known to cry over the seemingly harmless and irrational things. I am still a woman, after all. But in general, a lot of the stereotypical chick triggers don't seem to have an effect on me.
Valentine's Day is one such example - blech. I'm all for showing your love for those who mean the most to you, but receiving a cheeseball greeting card and roses on Valentine's Day rings hollow to me. The sentiment seems forced and I don't really like roses that much.
For me, an act like shaving your genitals is much more likely to make me turn to mush. And suck your cock. Just sayin'...

Oddly and completely unconnected, I shaved my balls this weekend. Just saying...
ReplyDelete*turns to mush*
ReplyDeleteBut for serious, i've never liked Valentines day. The thing I hate most in any relationship is insincerity. I hate when my wife has sex just cause I want it and she feels obligated, I hate getting presents that show no thought or insight simply because they're expected. So we always do something for VD, make a nice dinner or go on a picnic, but never the overpriced flowers and set-menu dinner.
ReplyDeleteIt's a point of pride that every single time I tell someone I love them, I feel it, I'm not saying it cause I feel like I have too.
I just think it's funny they designate a day a year for love when it's something you should demonstrate every day. Schmaltzy Hallmark cards are too easy anyway. I'll bet if the rules of Valentine's Day were you have to make the card yourself and make any gifts you give, suddenly Valentine's Day would be a non event. No profit, no point, you know?
ReplyDeleteValentine's Day is a waste of time, a made up holiday propagated by the greeting card and candy industries
ReplyDeleteEh, it's a day. That's the way I look at it. Too much stock is put into it as the be all end all romance day.
ReplyDelete