Sunday, October 18, 2009

We've Got Company...

This little beauty is Gladys. Gladys M. Shyamalan to be exact. She is my best friend's cat and she's going to be staying with us for a little while.

I'm a dog person. I've never lived with a cat in my home before, so consequently Oscar has never lived with a cat in his home, either. So far, they've kind of sniffed, growled and hissed at each other, but nothing more serious.

Gladys is a sweet cat and she's very affectionate with my best friend, but is kind of standoff-ish with everyone else. I've tried to get her to sit on my lap or next to me so I can pet her, but she is having none of it. She does seem pretty happy at the moment... Mr. Cheeks is using the laser pointer to give her something to stalk and pounce upon. Hmmm... maybe he's a cat person.

9 comments:

  1. She is lovely; hope the stay turns out to be a good one!

    Yeah, i AM a cat person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those gnomes drinking coffee?

    I'm not a cat person either. But I think TRYING to get them to sit next to you is the wrong approach. Don't buy that 'too much pride' argument cat people throw about though, they're just too dumb to understand the correlation between your happiness and their quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myself, I am a dog person, always have been, and always will be. My wife is a cat person. Our pre-nup specifies that I MUST take the dog and she must take the cat, should the need arise ;-)

    Our dog and cat are the best of friends, and amuse themselves taunting each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cat person all the way over here!!

    garden g-nomes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those gnomes aren't just drinking coffee but starbucks from the look of it. They are yuppie gnomes! :)

    We have both cats and dogs. I like the dogs because they seem to sense when you could use some attention. I like the cats because they take care of themselves, kill mice, and don't follow me around constantly just because. Our cats and dogs tolerate each other.

    She's a pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a cat person -- they just want a safe place to be, they don't need a lot of interraction. try to enjoy the compnay ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like that might be the greatest name for a cat ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi tyrranosaurus.Good blog.Good night from Athens

    ReplyDelete
  9. cutey cat

    signed,
    cat-lover

    ReplyDelete