Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MC's Like You, I Swallow 'Em...

We had a really wonderful Mr. Cheeks' Birthday Bash '09 Weekend. I'm kinda tired and I think it can all be summed up with some bullet points.
  • It is possible to pull 6 grown men on water skis with our boat.
  • It is a pain in the ass.
  • Huckleberry jello shots are yummy!
  • Good friends help clean up the place before they start the trek home.
  • I have become a little bit fixated on sucking/biting/licking one of the other wives' nipples.
  • There is no hot water tank that can accommodate 16 showers. Be flexible, people.
  • Some boys are squeamish about touching worms and fish.
  • Most hammocks aren't meant to hold 7 people. Six is fine, seven not so much. The flying leap probably did not help matters.
  • Mr. Cheeks likes an audience. Ahem.
  • Some city folks are squeamish about eating bluegills and sun perch for breakfast.
  • Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock were extremely popular on the University of Michigan campus circa 1990. Apparently.
  • Apologies to any family with an SUV taller than ours in the McDonald's parking lot in Houghton Lake.
  • Skinny dipping is a pretty good ice breaker.
  • I have peeled, scrubbed, chopped, rinsed, diced, cleaned, cooked, washed, sliced, baked, chopped, boned, swept and wiped enough for the entire month of September. Probably parts of October, too.
  • Mr. Cheeks had a great time and said that he owes me big for my 40th in 3.5 short years.
  • Is there such a thing as a sixteensome?

Heh.

4 comments:

  1. I have some suggestions, just saying.

    And the only fish I want to smell
    first thing...ahhh nvm. Too crass even for me ;-).

    I'm very very very very...very happy you had a great time! Yay birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a tiring, but fun time!!
    What a great birthday celebration you gave him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. see? you were worried for nuttin'. happy 40th Mr. Cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think fresh caught fish is a perfectly acceptable breakfast. So glad a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete